Sunday, May 17, 2009
B - Bed size: I had a full up until a week ago. Then I moved rooms and downsized to a twin
C - Chore you hate: yard work (but I don't mind mowing the lawn)
D - Dog's names: Kirby
E - Essential to start your day: getting out of bed is usually a good start
F - Favorite color: green!
G - Gold or Silver: definitely silver
H - Height: 5'3"
I - Instruments you play(ed): piano and oboe; I can also sort play the flute and clarinet. I tried playing the guitar but that was a disaster
J - Job title: unemployed, soon to be student
K - Kid(s): none yet
L - Living arrangements: 3 bed, 3 bath, full basement, AKA my parents' house
M -Mom's name: Kim
N - Nicknames: Cait, Caiti, Caiti Did, Did, Doodles, Sister
O - Overnight hospital stay other than birth: twice for depression, once for brain surgery
P - Pet Peeve: my biggest is people who use their cell phones at the movies. I can't even begin to describe how much that drives me crazy! If I was more uninhibited, I'd probably yell at the person
Q - Quote from a movie: any movie? "I can't watch! Can someone cover my eyes?" Rex -Toy Story (or possibly Toy Story 2)
R - Right or left handed: Right
S - Siblings: Sean and Shannon
T - Time you wake up: whenever I'm so moved
U - Underwear: yes, I'm wearing underwear
V - Vegetable you dislike: peas! Nasty, nasty, nasty
W- Ways you run late: I hate being late! But If I am late, it's usually because I forgot something important and had to go back for it
X - X-rays you've had: let's see... left knee, right foot, left elbow, right wrist, teeth, and skull. I think that's it.
Y - Yummy food you make: my personal favorites are Betty Crocker brownies (and no, I don't follow the directions on the back; I have my own special way of making them extra tasty) and anything with chicken
Z - Zoo favorite: tigers!
Thursday, April 2, 2009
Isn't she precious? She loves her new blanket from her auntie. :)
Thursday, March 26, 2009
Tuesday, March 24, 2009
This was the Nativity that the Special Needs mutual did at their Christmas party. A couple of the ladies at the home I worked at participated in it, so I took a picture. Too bad I only had my phone...
This one is blury but it was the only one I got before they moved. Ashes was on my right and Gabby was at my feet. When I got up to go to bed, I picked up Gabby and put her next to Ashes and this is how she got comfortable. I grabbed my phone and took a picture. I went to grab my camera, but they followed me.
So I'm a week late in posting these pictures, but since St. Patrick's Day is my favorite holiday, I figured better late than never. :)
I took this picture with my phone as my mom and I were getting home from church.
View from the front porch.
I guess the book was more popular in the 70s than the past 30 years.
Letter from the Boss,
As the CEO of this business that employs 240 people, I have accepted the fact that Barack Obama is our new President, and that our taxes and government fees will now increase in a BIG way.
To compensate for this additional overhead, I figure that the clients will have to see an increase in our fees of about 8% but since we cannot raise those prices right now due to the dismal state of our economy, we will have to lay off several of our employees instead. This unfortunate economic reality has really been eating at me for a while, as we believe we are family here and I didn't know how to choose who will have to go.
After giving it considerable thought, this is what I did. I strolled thru our parking lot and found 31 Obama bumper stickers on our employees' cars and have decided these folks will be the first to be laid off. I can't think of a more fair way to approach this problem.
They wanted change; I gave it to them.
If you have a better idea, let me know.
Thursday, March 12, 2009
Here they are waiting for my mom to come out of her room. (Like I said, they love people and if they know where you are, they will wait for you.)
Here's Gabby, aka the Beast, her first day home. She settled in nicely and made herself to home in a clean pile of laundry. Her name is Gabby because she loves to talk.
Her eyes aren't really that creepy, just the way the flash reflected in them.
Here's Ashes,aka Beauty. Her eyes aren't that creepy either. I tried to make them less creepy, but the photo editing program on my computer only fixes red eye if the eyes are actually red. Who knew computers were so smart?
And this is why Ashes' name is Ashes. We brought her home from the pound and she made herself at home in the fireplace. All the doors were closed so we knew she had to be in the living room or kitchen. If you're looking for a lost cat that has her coloring, don't just glance into the fireplace because they'll blend right in and you'll keep looking.
I'm grateful that both of my parents still have their jobs. In today's economy, people are losing jobs left and right. What made me think of this was when my mom and I went to the pound. So many of the animals (excluding the pit bulls... don't get me started on that...) were over a year old. Yes, the kittens and puppies get adopted before the dogs and cats but some of these animals were 5 years old. Neutered. One cat was even declawed. So you know that at some point these animals were loved and taken care of. My mom pointed out that a lot of these animals probably belonged to families who lost their homes and had to move into apartments. Most apartments don't allow pets or if they do, they charge a ridiculous monthly fee for the pet in addition to the rent someone is already paying. The saddest case was the 5 year old mastiff named Holly. Her eyes broke my heart. So....... I'm grateful that my parents have good jobs, have been able to keep their house and our dog (even if she's a pain in the butt sometimes and poops on the floor). And that we've been able to adopt 2 cats.
Wednesday, March 4, 2009
1. I was born with a birth defect that wasn’t discovered until I was almost 21 years old (and required neurosurgery to fix).
2. I don’t have all of my skull. My brain was too big for my head so part of my skull was removed to make room for it.
3. I name my cars after Harry Potter characters. First I had Cedric the Civic (NO! He was not named that because of Robert Pattinson) and now I have Tonks the Toyota. Had my Ford Tempo not already been named White Stallion by my sister, he would have been named Fred the Ford.
4. When Tonks dies and I can afford to buy a car on my own, I want to get a Hyundai and name it Hagrid. If I’m ever rich and famous, I want to get a Maserati and name it Mad Eye.
5. I’m deathly afraid of heights but I really, really, really want to go skydiving someday.
6. I can’t live without chapstick. I always have some with me no matter where I am.
7. I think Hugh Laurie is the greatest thing the ever happen to TV. If you’ve never watched “House, M.D.”, you make me sad inside.
8. I love to cross stitch, though sometimes it drives me crazy because of all the counting and many different colors.
9. Singing is my absolute favorite thing to do in the world, but I hate singing in front of other people unless I’m in a musical (which I haven’t done since high school) or I’m part of a large group.
10. After I saw the movie Curly Sue when I was 6, I wanted to be a lawyer. Now as I’ve gotten older and realized just how screwed up our so-called justice system really is, I’m glad those dreams changed into something else.
11. I think Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt are the biggest hypocrites in the world.
12. The Phantom of the Opera is my favorite musical but my least favorite movie. Emmy Rossum and Gerard Butler (who I think is great) just ruined it for me. Plus, no one will ever compare to Michael Crawford.
13. I once had 3 spinal taps in one day (and I would just like to say that they aren’t nearly as painful as they are made to look on TV).
14. I think St. Patrick’s Day is the greatest holiday ever invented.
15. I loathe people who get on their cell phones during movies. If you can’t handle being away from the real world for a couple of hours, why waste the money? Keep the phone in your pocket or purse and we’ll all be happy. J
16. It drives me insane when you stop to allow pedestrians to cross and they just meander along. Come on people! Things to do, places to go. Other wise I wouldn’t be out!
17. I hate feet yet I have a weird obsession with socks. I love them to have designs and I don’t own a single pair of solid color socks.
18. I think toaster ovens are one of the greatest inventions.
19. I always download the free stuff from iTunes whether I think I’ll like it or not. Who doesn’t like free stuff?
20. I killed my guinea pig when I was 4 when I was trying to teach it how to do back flips.
21. I think that the phrase “open-minded liberal” is the biggest oxymoron to ever grace us with its presence.
22. My favorite place in the world is a little shop in the small town of Camden, Maine called the Smiling Cow (and I’m very excited to go there this summer).
23. I think the greatest sound in the world is a baby’s laugh.
24. My roommates and I once dressed up as Baby Spice, Scary Spice, and Sporty Spice. We then went to Blockbuster and rented Spice World. Yes, we were that cool.
25. My favorite song when I was little was “Chapel of Love” by the Dixie Cups but I preferred to call it “Chapel Magic.”
Thursday, February 26, 2009
And this is my favorite. When I went to visit during Thanksgiving last year, Ross dressed up Boomster (Shannon's teddy bear that she's had since high school) in the little bear outfit.
Monday, January 19, 2009
It's really making me angry that all of these stars in Hollywood are speaking out against the Mormons without doing any research. There were lots of churches that were involved in getting Prop 8 passed including the Catholic church but it seems that the only church to get any flack from it is the Mormon church. Mormons are great people. Since when is it wrong for people to stand up for their beliefs? Long before Prop 8 was even thought up, the Mormon church issued a statement saying that marriage is between a man and a woman.
As far as Tom Hanks is concerned... it makes me angry that he would produce anti-Catholic movies or make anti-Mormon statements. But what makes me even more angry is that he'll get away with it. He made these choices when he was 100% sober, yet when someone like Mel Gibson makes an anti-Semetic remark while under the influence, he becomes the worst thing in Hollywood. I'm not trying to make light of what Gibson did. I think his statements were crude and demeaning. But aren't Hanks' actions also crude and demeaning?