Friday, May 25, 2007
1. Maria in The Sound of Music. Everyone loves The Sound of Music, especially me! My favorite song to sing is "I Have Confidence." Can you imagine the rush you would feel singing that on stage?
2. Christine in The Phantom of the Opera. From the day I hit the top note in "The Phantom of the Opera," I have wanted to be Christine on stage.
3. Elphaba in Wicked. Great character and I like the thought of being covered in green body paint :)
4. Eponine in Les Miserables. I like her character the best and I express myself better through music so being in an opera would be perfect for me!
5. Lucy in Jekyll and Hyde. "Someone Like You" is such a great song and I love to sing it. Plus, I love the show.
Sunday, May 20, 2007
1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? I've always been told that my mom got the idea from an actress on the A-Team and Rebecca came from the Bible...
2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED? last night
3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? sometimes
4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT? turkey
5. DO YOU HAVE KIDS? nope
6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? Of course! I'm just that cool!
7. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT? ha ha, oh yeah!
8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS? yes
9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? yes! even though I'm terrified of heights...
10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL? Frosted Mini Wheats
11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES or JUST TAKE THEM OFF? take 'em off
12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG? not really
13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM? mint cookies and cream... yummy!
14. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE? hair and clothing style
15. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE COLOR? green!
16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF? either my weight or my smile
17. WHAT DO YOU MISS THE MOST? not having a care in the world
18. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO SEND THIS BACK TO YOU? It's just a blog...
19. WHAT COLOR PANTS AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING? jeans and no shoes
20. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU ATE? applesauce
21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? the hum of the air conditioner
22. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE? Radical Red
23. FAVORITE SMELLS? Angel's Heavenly from Victoria's Secret
24. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE? my sister
25. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON WHO SENT THIS TO YOU? I got this off my sister's blog and I happen to like her a whole bunch! :)
27. FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH? baseball! especially when I'm at Turner Field :)
28. HAIR COLOR? red
29. EYE COLOR? blue
30. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? yes
31. FAVORITE FOOD? chicken... yummy!
32. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS? both. Scary movies usually make me laugh and if it makes me laugh, it probably has a happy ending!
33. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED? Ocean's 12
34. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING? blue with a pink flower
35. SUMMER OR WINTER? fall
36. HUGS OR KISSES? hugs
37. FAVORITE DESSERT? vanilla ice cream on a warm brownie
38. MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND? dunno
39. LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND? everyone
40. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING? nothing currently but i read "Arthur Goes to School" at work on Friday
41.WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD? a beach scene
42. WHAT DID YOU WATCH ON TV LAST NIGHT? Sweet Home Alabama was on when I left work
43. FAVORITE SOUNDS? Josh Groban and kids laughing
44. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES? Beatles
45. WHAT IS THE FURTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME? Ireland
46. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT? um... I sing... does that count?
47. WHERE WERE YOU BORN? Portland, Maine
48. WHOSE ANSWERS ARE YOU LOOKING FORWARD TO GETTING BACK? no one
49. DO YOU HAVE ANY GRANDCHILDREN? no... and since I don't have any kids that answer won't change for a long long long time!
50. WHERE DO YOU LIVE? Salt Lake City
Monday, May 14, 2007
2. Hayley Westenra. She's amazing! I love her voice. Anyone who gets to sing with Andrea Bocelli at the age of 18 is OK with me!
3. Johnny Cash. Ring of Fire, Walk the Line, Cry! Cry! Cry!... need I say more?
4. Elvis. He's the king. When I came back to Utah last summer, I stopped in Memphis with my friend and we ate at a place called Coletta's. We talked with the owner and she told us stories of Elvis and hanging out at Graceland. Then she brought us to "The Elvis Room," where he would eat on the rare occasion that he didn't take out.
5. The Beatles. Any band that writes the music, plays the instruments, and sings the lyrics can't be bad,
6. Bon Jovi. I don't know what it is. I just love them! And seeing Jon Bon Jovi on American Idol a couple of weeks ago... yummy!
7. The Rat Pack. Yes, I could list them individually but that would take up 3 spots instead of one. But I do love Dean Martin, Frank Sinatra, and Sammy Davis, Jr. in their own respects.
8. Kristen Chenoweth. She's amazing! If I had half the talent that she did...
9. Daughtry. I love them! I never thought I would live to see the day when I had an American Idol finalist on my top ten favorite artists!
10. Enya. See number five for my list of reasons but replace band with person.
Friday, May 11, 2007
My sister tagged me to list 8 random facts/habits so here they are...
1. I was scarred for life when my mom bleached my yellow Little Mermaid underwear...
2. I have been to 3 different colleges and had 3 different declared majors.
3. I was born with a birth defect - Chiari Malformation. Unfortunately, I wasn't diagnosed until I was almost 21. Brain surgery would have been a lot less scary when I was a baby than when I was 20.
4. I killed my pet guinea pig when I was 4.
5. I am terrified of heights but I want to go skydiving!
6. I have an unhealthy obsession with Eric Szmanda from CSI (he plays Greg on the original show).
7. I hate Utah but for some reason I keep coming back, even after moving home for my surgery.
8. I have a very stressful job but I stay at it because it's so rewarding!
Wednesday, May 9, 2007
1. The Little Mermaid. Definitely my favorite. I watched it on Monday and it brought a smile to my face!
2. Beauty and the Beast. Lots of fun and I really like the songs.
3. Aladdin. The movie that made me want a pet tiger. I guess my cat Max will have to do for now! And I love listening to Lea Salonga sing.
4. Peter Pan. I love Tinkerbell and I wish I could fly!
5. The Emperor's New Groove. It always makes me laugh... even if I'm just thinking about it.
6. Cinderella. My mom used to jokingly call me Cinderella because I was always cleaning something.
7. Sleeping Beauty. Fold in eggs *crunch*
8. The Lion King. Jeremy Irons has the perfect voice for a villain and I just love Nathan Lane and Matthew Broderick.
9. Mulan. Again, I love listening to Lea Salonga sing!
10. Robin Hood. My sister and I used to watch it on Sundays so when the Sheriff of Nottingham said, "It ain't Sunday you know," we could say, "Yes it is!"
Monday, May 7, 2007
On my car, I have a license plate frame for the Atlanta Braves. On Friday afternoon, my roommate and I decided to go see The Invisible (great idea, OK movie, terrible dialog!). As we are waiting to turn onto the street where the theater is located, the guy in the car next to us gets our attention. Kim rolls down her window and the guy asks, "Are you really a Braves fan?" My first thought is, "No, I just like to make people think that I am by putting a Braves license plate frame on my car," but I respond nicely with, "I'm a huge fan!" Then the terrible, most horrible words that can ever be spoken came out of his mouth. "That's not all that bad, but the Yankees are better!" I think my heart skipped a beat and I got a huge knot in my stomach. It was a good thing the light turned green at that moment. As I turned, I started listing off a string of reasons why no one should like the Yankees. They have a ridiculous dress code. They spend millions of dollars for a losing team. They're the only team to ever be up 3-0 in post season to not go to the next round. They made Johnny Damon cut his hair (but that's what he gets for leaving the Red Sox... traitor!). As I'm listing all these things, one thing keeps coming to me. The guy that was in the car next to me must have a crush on Derek Jeter!
In other news, I have found where I'm going to live! Hopefully the link works... if not I'll be moving in just a couple of weeks and I can post my own pictures :) I'll be living in the 3 bedroom with 3 other girls. I'll be sharing the master bedroom with one of the girls. Great thing is we each get our own closet! There's a pool and an exercise room. The thing I'm most excited about is the washer and dryer! No more laundromats!