Wednesday, March 4, 2009

25 Things About Me

On facebook, there's been things going around about posting 25 things about yourself. After being tagged a few times, I decided to make a list. And here it is...

1. I was born with a birth defect that wasn’t discovered until I was almost 21 years old (and required neurosurgery to fix).
2. I don’t have all of my skull. My brain was too big for my head so part of my skull was removed to make room for it.
3. I name my cars after Harry Potter characters. First I had Cedric the Civic (NO! He was not named that because of Robert Pattinson) and now I have Tonks the Toyota. Had my Ford Tempo not already been named White Stallion by my sister, he would have been named Fred the Ford.
4. When Tonks dies and I can afford to buy a car on my own, I want to get a Hyundai and name it Hagrid. If I’m ever rich and famous, I want to get a Maserati and name it Mad Eye.
5. I’m deathly afraid of heights but I really, really, really want to go skydiving someday.
6. I can’t live without chapstick. I always have some with me no matter where I am.
7. I think Hugh Laurie is the greatest thing the ever happen to TV. If you’ve never watched “House, M.D.”, you make me sad inside.
8. I love to cross stitch, though sometimes it drives me crazy because of all the counting and many different colors.
9. Singing is my absolute favorite thing to do in the world, but I hate singing in front of other people unless I’m in a musical (which I haven’t done since high school) or I’m part of a large group.
10. After I saw the movie Curly Sue when I was 6, I wanted to be a lawyer. Now as I’ve gotten older and realized just how screwed up our so-called justice system really is, I’m glad those dreams changed into something else.
11. I think Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt are the biggest hypocrites in the world.
12. The Phantom of the Opera is my favorite musical but my least favorite movie. Emmy Rossum and Gerard Butler (who I think is great) just ruined it for me. Plus, no one will ever compare to Michael Crawford.
13. I once had 3 spinal taps in one day (and I would just like to say that they aren’t nearly as painful as they are made to look on TV).
14. I think St. Patrick’s Day is the greatest holiday ever invented.
15. I loathe people who get on their cell phones during movies. If you can’t handle being away from the real world for a couple of hours, why waste the money? Keep the phone in your pocket or purse and we’ll all be happy. J
16. It drives me insane when you stop to allow pedestrians to cross and they just meander along. Come on people! Things to do, places to go. Other wise I wouldn’t be out!
17. I hate feet yet I have a weird obsession with socks. I love them to have designs and I don’t own a single pair of solid color socks.
18. I think toaster ovens are one of the greatest inventions.
19. I always download the free stuff from iTunes whether I think I’ll like it or not. Who doesn’t like free stuff?
20. I killed my guinea pig when I was 4 when I was trying to teach it how to do back flips.
21. I think that the phrase “open-minded liberal” is the biggest oxymoron to ever grace us with its presence.
22. My favorite place in the world is a little shop in the small town of Camden, Maine called the Smiling Cow (and I’m very excited to go there this summer).
23. I think the greatest sound in the world is a baby’s laugh.
24. My roommates and I once dressed up as Baby Spice, Scary Spice, and Sporty Spice. We then went to Blockbuster and rented Spice World. Yes, we were that cool.
25. My favorite song when I was little was “Chapel of Love” by the Dixie Cups but I preferred to call it “Chapel Magic.”

No comments: