Thursday, March 12, 2009

Thankful Thursday

Today I'm grateful for my calling at church. I got called to be a primary worker. I'm an "official substitute" so I don't teach any particular class. Last Sunday I taught 2 classes because I got calls from 2 different teachers. It was my first Sunday and I loved it! Primary is so much more fun than adult Sunday school (though, the teacher in my ward is awesome!) and Relief Society. Plus, kids say the craziest things. My favorite was 2 Sundays ago. The kids were learning a new song about building an eternal family. The chorister brought a bag full of different things having to do with different professions, like a chef and a painter. We come to the kid who is now dressed like a carpenter, tool box and hammer included. When asked what he is, one of the kids yells out, "He's a tool!" I'm sitting here laughing just thinking about it. Gotta love kids and that's why I'm thankful that I work in primary.

No comments: