Tuesday, October 16, 2007

the psycho

As I mentioned in my last blog, I was in another car accident but that damage was very minor. Little did I know that it was cause a crazy man to come after me! The accident happened on a Monday while I was driving to the same Wal-Mart that I was driving to during my first accident. I few days later, I go out to my car and there's a post it note that says, "You backed up into my truck and broke my tail light." Then there was a phone number and apartment number (#440 of the Citifront apartments for anyone who isn't as nice as I am... hehe). Anyway. I didn't do it, so I take the post it and throw it away. Two days later there is a knock on my apartment door. A scary man covered in tattoos and piercings asks if anyone drives a burgandy Camry (had I answered the door, I would have responded with a no because legally it is considered maroon). I know it's the guy accusing me of hitting his truck because earlier, one of the assistant managers came to talk to me. I told her about the note, my car accident, and that I didn't do it. I even offered to show her the insurance information and give her the name and number of the woman who hit me. Lisa, the assistant manager, said she believed me and went on her way.

So psycho man tells me that he has his truck lined up with my car and he wants me to come look at it. I don't want to get into it with him so I'm just like fine, whatever. So he shows me exactly what I did to his truck and my car. My favorite part was when he told me that there was paint from my car on his truck but it wasn't there anymore...idiot. Like I'm going to fall for that. Another part I really liked was when he pointed out the burn mark on my car. I must have really floored it backing out of the space the cause a burn mark! But how do I have one and he doesn't? Any mechanics or car repair people out there, please let me know because pyscho claimed to be a mechanic yet he couldn't explain it.

The psycho man is completely rude to me. I tell him I didn't hit him and he accused me of lying! Excuse me?! Who are you to accuse me of that? Also while he's trying to get me to admit that I hit his car, he says, "We all do stupid things. I'm 44 years old. I've done a lot of stupid s*** in my life." Again... excuse me? Who says I'm not offended by that kind of language? I'm not because I hear it daily at work but he doesn't know that! So I cried for a good 3 hours. I'm upset about the way he talked to me, that he accused me of something I didn't do and I now feel unsafe where I live because some lunatic is going around knocking on doors becaue he wants someone to pay for his $169 tail light! Creep...

So, ever since the day, creepy man (I should mention at this point that I don't actually know his real name and that's why I'm sticking to his nicknames) showed up at my door, I've been afraid that one morning I'm going to leave to go to work and something is going to be wrong with my car. Exactly one week after I was accused of backing into psycho's truck, I got out to my car and my tail light is SHATTERED! We're not just talking someone backed into me. We're talking took a hammer or baseball bat to it.




The first picture is of my tail light. The second is of the actual tail light shattered on the ground. So is it ok that I've been calling the lunatic "Psycho man?" I hope so!

No comments: