Wednesday, March 26, 2008

homesick... :(

Yesterday I got so incredibly homesick. I was out doing errands and it just hit me out of nowhere. I get homesick sometimes, which is totally normal, but this hit me hard and strong. Like, I was ready to pack up my car and start driving east. I don't know if it was the warm weather and the country music I was listening to or what, but I wanted to be in Snellville, Georgia right then. I'm still feeling a little homesick, but I'm going home in about a month and I think that will definitely help. Until then, I have school and 2 jobs to keep me busy.

On a different note... I hate technology. In the past week, 3 things that I have a hard time living without have gone down the crapper. First, my phone. Unless the charger is at a specific angle, it won't charge. Because I can't stand there, holding my phone for 2 hours while I wait for it to charge, I've been using my old phone that's a total piece of crap. No games, no nothing. Only calls and very limited texting. So lame. Second, my iHome is pretty much dead. It still plays my iPod, but it decided to reset itself and when that happened, the clock died. I can no longer reset it, which means I can't set my alarm (and I don't have a sell phone to use either), I can't change the radio station... Basically it plays my iPod. I'm not complaining about that, but I really need the clock. And last but not least... today my computer died. It was working just fine until the power went out. Now it won't turn back on. I called the HP technical support and they brought me through some steps of unplugging and plugging things in. In the end, it was determined that the mother board is to blame. So I am without my computer for a couple of weeks. I only got the computer 7 months ago so unless the mother board has to be replaced, the repairs are covered under the warranty. Yea! FYI, using my roommates computer :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you are homesick. You'll be home in a month and you are right, you've got lots to do in the next few weeks. We'll have fun while you are home!

LLHK, MOM